Reading Time: 3 minutes
In the third part of her article, Noveena discusses the time students spend on social sites. A Different Truths exclusive.
Reports showed that every person on an average spend at least 1.8 hours on socialising with their network per day[i]. Moreover, if we talk about the mass communication scholars or the students, results will be quite shocking as almost every individual spend quite a long time on the social media platforms. From Twitter to Facebook and LinkedIn to Instagram, mass communication scholars, especially the students are sharing more of their lives online than ever before.
1.Mobile Technology: Everyone seems to have a smartphone, and smartphones come with applications. With all the applications available on the phone sets, mass communication scholars are unable to resist themselves from using social networking sites. One of the main reasons is that, they wanted to keep a check on everyone else on social media.
- Everybody’s Doing it:In today’s time everybody just wanted to jump on a bandwagon, without even realising the time they are investing in is beneficial for them or not.
Some people never get on news websites or watch the news on TV. Thanks to article sharing.
- News Outlet:Some people never get on news websites or watch the news on TV. Thanks to article sharing. A scroll down your Facebook news or twitter feed will update you on the most important world events.
- 4.Networking:Social media makes it easy to connect with people who have more clout than you do. Whether they have more Instagram followers, own a business, play in a super sweet band, or hold a public office, social media makes it easier than ever to connect with celebrities of every level.
People in different countries can work together on a concept and make it into a reality without ever meeting up.
- Sharing Ideas:Social media allows for collaboration like never. People in different countries can work together on a concept and make it into a reality without ever meeting up. Social media has also provided a platform to a large no. of people to start a business of their own or create their own content in order to gain recognition.
- Keeping in Touch:The hardest thing about moving away is leaving friends behind. The ability to check on your old friends with ease is surely part of the reason why people spent more time at social media websites recently.
- Popularity:Ever post something and immediately gotten a bunch of likes? Suddenly, you feel Internet-popular which is the newest form of celebrity status. It is most important for the students to post a picture every time. Posting a picture and receiving lots of appreciation and good comments, makes the individual feel validated,
It has become quite mandatory for all the students, youth to be available on the social networking platforms for plenty of reasons.
- Employment Opportunities:A lot of people post about job openings on their social media accounts, even before getting a job the interviewer looks at the candidate’s profile on the social networking sites. It has become quite mandatory for all the students, youth to be available on the social networking platforms for plenty of reasons.
- Online Communities:People like to feel that they are a part of something. Social media creates a virtual community or the society to the people, so that they can become a part of something. If we talk about the mass communication scholars or the students, it is very necessary for them that they shouldn’t miss out on anything. That is one of the reasons why they spend much of their time on social media.
[i] https:// the knowledgereview.com/impactsocial-networkingsites-youth
Photo from the the internet