AIKMS in its press release stated that Allahabad district administration has been looting and torturing poor farmers despite Allahabad High Court’s directives.
All India Kisan Mazdoor Sangh (AIKMS), in its press release said that the illegal attack launched by Allahabad district administration on the farmers of Kachri and other villages since February 25, this year is an open dacoity of farmer’s land, despite Allahabad High Court explicitly declaring the acquisition as illegal. The HC order states that the government may start fresh proceedings for acquisition. About 135 farmers have not taken any compensation for the land.
Heavy police force deployed was on a rampage. They uprooted crops from farmer’s land, checked and prevented entry at several points, took photographs to terrorise people, closed down schools, prevented people from assembling for marriage functions, from going for treatment and prevented women from attending to their morning chores. Farmers were not allowed to go to the fields to cut grass and collect fodder leaving the hungry cattle, the release stated.
The atmosphere is of a concentration camp. The government and armed police are snatching farmer’s properties to hand them over to a private company. A farmer, who pleaded with the police, appealing to their rural background, to leave his standing crop was severely beaten up.
There is terror in nearby villages too. The villagers have not eaten for days. This implementation of ‘democracy’, ‘constitution’ and the ‘rule of law’ are beyond them, the press release rued.
In writ petition (WP) No 32270, of 2010, and others including WP No 3689, of 2010, the judgement delivered by Justice Ashok Bhushan and Justice Sunita Agarwal on April 13, 2012, stated:
1. “We have perused the original records of the State Government pertaining to land acquisition of Tahsil Karchhana. The proposal for acquisition of land of five villages measuring 328.932 hectares was submitted August 20, 2007. The Collector has given a certificate dated September 18, 2007, for invoking Section 17(1), which is part of the proposal. In the detailed note mention of Prapatra-10 as quoted above was there and there was also a recommendation that of power plant is necessary. In the note neither any recommendation was made for dispensation of inquiry under Section 5-A of the Act nor any reason was given.
2. “Writ Petition No.3689 of 2010 (Anand Prakash and another vs. State of U.P. and others) and five other writ petitions relating to Tahsil Karchhana, district Allahabad are allowed. The notification dated November 23, 2007 issued under Section 4 read with Section 17(1) and 17(4) of the Act as well as the declaration under Section 6 of the Act dated 3rd March, 2008 are quashed subject to deposit of compensation, if any, received by the petitioners before respondent No.3.
3. “It shall be open for the State Government to proceed afresh for acquisition of land relating to relevant villages of Tahsil Karchhana, district Allahabad, in accordance with law.”
The farmers subsequently responded to the government notice No 8538 Vi.Bhu.A.A.Sa.Sa ald, dated 22.09.12, asking for assessing compensation of loss incurred and notifying the dues to each farmer. The Hon’ble Governor, vide letter P-4993/GS, dated 09.11.2012, sent this letter to Allahabad administration. However, the administration did not follow the HC order and have launched this uprooting and capturing program. It is blatant loot, the release reiterated.
AIKMS appealed to all democratic citizens and social/political forces to act urgently and to save the lives and livelihood of the people of Kachri, Mendara, Kachra, Dehli, Bhagesar, Dholipur and nearby villages.
Pic from net
Latest posts by Different Truths New Service (see all)
- Beena Lived the Change - March 9, 2017
- Hundreds of Rural Women Rally for Equality and Women Rights, near Allahabad - March 9, 2017
- The Prince of Kolkata Bats for theUnsung Princesses - February 24, 2017